Prof. Prashant Lakkadwala
Head of Department
Department of Computer Science & Engineering
It is a pleasure to head the department of CSE. The department offers B-Tech (CSE).There is several ways to present the canonical core of computer science and Engineering. Technology changes rapidly, especially in the field of computing. Over the Yearss we have developed a distinct style and method that bridges the theory - practice divide while remaining grounded in the core.
Our Department has produced hundreds of professionals and has established a name for itself in the state, country and abroad. They have consistently excelled in the highly competitive industrial environment. I attribute this success to the winning combination of a dedicated faculty that works hard at imparting quality education, a well-planned syllabus and last but not least, our students.
As a student at Acropolis Technical Campus, you have the opportunity to study a variety of subjects encompassing all aspects of Computer Science and Engineering.
Intake, Affiliation and Duration
- Program: B.Tech. (Computer Science & Engineering)
- Intake: 180
- Duration: 04 Yearss
- Approved By: AICTE
- Affiliation: Rajeev Gandhi Proudyogiki Vishwavidyalaya, Bhopal
Empower graduates to innovate and be employable in the area of Computer Science and Engineering by imparting quality education with sustainability and inculcating human values.
Provide high impact teaching and learning that enriches students for technical knowledge to achieve success in professional careers and entrepreneurship. Our department emphasizes to adopt continues changes in life through research skills, innovative idea and high studies that contribute to the society ethically.
Program Outcomes (POs)
- Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
Program Specific Outcomes (PSOs)
- Develop latest solutions for real world problems; applying mathematical, engineering and project management skills through modern infrastructure and tools to benefit society and human.
- Understand the need for sustainable development and commit to professional ethics to create an intelligent model that understand real world entities and their relationship to one another.
- Effectively communicate knowledge, thoughts, techniques and processes to community.
In the field of Computer Science is among those fields which bring a lot of lucrative job opportunities to students in government and private sectors. The technology-driven era has a plethora of options for those who have excellent coding skills and are interested in learning new languages and finding solutions to problems through computer programming. Here is a list of the career options available after Computer Science & Engineering:
- Software Developer
The job role of a software developer is to code and create software that would enable users to work efficiently on their mobiles and computers. Their responsibilities include developing the code, testing and updating the software.
- Computer Hardware Engineer
As a Computer Hardware Engineer, your job is to create the physical components that are required to make a computer system. There is a whole variety of tools and gadgets that you would be creating such as printers, microchips, circuit boards, servers, medical equipment, memory devices and much more.
- Computer Network Architect
To keep the data and networking systems of an organization up-to-date, computer network architects evaluate the requirements related to data sharing and internal as well as external communications. They also assess the latest products, services, tools and technologies in the market so that they can test and implement them in the organization. Once the set-up is done, if any technical glitch occurs, it is the duty of a computer network architect to rectify it.
- Database Administrator
A database administrator is required to assess the data of users and draw informed conclusions based on it. They are also responsible for storing all the vital information and hence, maintain a database for long-term use.
- Information Security Analyst
They have a crucial role within the organization in protecting information networks, data and websites from any possible cyber attacks and breaches. An information security analyst must keep on researching on the latest security threats and thus, prepare a safeguard against these as precautionary measures from the cyber criminals. The information security analyst must have excellent problem-solving skills.
- Computer System Analyst
These are the people who evaluate the computer systems being used by the employees in an organization and recommend the upgrading of software and hardware accordingly to enhance the working efficiency for the team.
- Web Developer
Their role is to design the template for the website and ensure that the web pages can be accessed easily and users can conveniently open, browse and download the web page on different browsers.
- Computer Programmer
These people are responsible for creating a well-structured code to run software on the computer systems. The field of Computer Science Engineering makes students proficient in different languages required for coding.
- Research & Development
Events and Worksshop
- National Workshop on “The impact of Software Quality in Contemporary Computer Era ”, sponsored by M.P. Council of Science & Technology, Bhopal from 23-24 August, 2016. Dr. P. K. Chande, Director M.P. State Electronics Development Corporation, Bhopal was the Chief Guest of the inaugural ceremony.
- Mr. Vikram Agnihotri in the interactive session on the topic “Winners in Life” organized by Department of Computer Science & Engineering at Acropolis Technical Campus on October 4th 2016
- Under the banner of CSI , Department of Computer Science & Engineering ,Acropolis Technical Campus organized Two Days Workshop on MATLAB and Its Application from 22 - 23 Nov 2016 for Computer science Students. Prof. N.K. Sharma, Prof. Sanket Gupta and Prof Sonali Jain delivered the lectures in the workshop.
- Prof. Meeta Dave had taken a workshop on the topic of “Network Defence”.
- On Dated 31/5/2017, Department of Computer Science & Engineering Acropolis Technical Campus Organized One day workshop on Virtual Lab By IIT Delhi under the aegis of MHRD Govt of India for CSE/EC/Applied Science Students..Mr. Ashish Mudgil Senior Field Engg/Virtual Labs Mentor Virtual Labs Project, IIT Delhi and Mr.Ashish Ranjan Senior Field Engg/Virtual Labs Project IIT Delhi were the key speaker of the workshop, they discussed on Virtual Labs ,Data Structure Lab,Network Analysis labs,Chemistry Labs.
- On Dated 28/4/17 One Day Seminar on Data Technology Evolution and Big Data organized for Computer Science Students. Mr. Tarun Bhatnagar Chief Executive Officer Medha Innovation Pvt. Ltd. was the Key Speaker in the Seminar.
- Dr. Kailash Chandra Bandhu has published Research Paper on “ Performance Analysis of WiMAX Network with Frame Period in Strict Priority” in International Conference on Multidisciplinary Perspectives in Engineering & Technology (ICMPET-2019) Organized by Krishna Chaitanya Institute of Technology & Science (KITS) Markapur on 24th – 25th May 2019.
- Dr. Kailash Chandra Bandhu has published Research Paper on “Analysis of WiMAX Networks with Bandwidth Allocation Algorithms (Round Robin and Strict Priority)” in International Conference on Multidisciplinary Innovation in Academic Research (ICMIAR-19) Organized by Institute for Engineering Research and Publication at Kolkata on 17th - 18th May 2019, International Journal of Recent Technology and Engineering (IJRTE) ISSN: 2277-3878, Vol. 08, Issue 1S4, June 2019.
- Dr. Kailash Chandra Bandhu has published Research Paper on “Performance Comparison of Transmission Control Protocol Variants in WiMAX Network with Bandwidth Asymmetry” in International Conference on Advanced Computing Networking and Informatics (ICANI-2018), Advances in Intelligent Systems and Computing, 22 February - 24 February, 2018, Springer; 1st ed. 2019 edition, 28 November 2018 (Scopus), eBook ISBN: 978-981-13-2673-8, Softcover ISBN: 978-981-13-2672-1, Series ISSN: 2194-5357, pp 247-261.
- 4. Dr. Kailash Chandra Bandhu has published Research Paper on “Performance Evaluation of TCP Vegas in WiMAX Network Asymmetry” in International Journals of Wireless and Mobile Computing (Inderscience), Scopus (Elsevier), ACM Digital Library, Vol. 10, No. 2, 2016, pp 97-103.
- Prof. Prashant Lakkadwala & Dr. Abhishek Singh Rathore reviewed 14 research papers in IEEE ICTBIG2016 International conference, held Nov 2016.
- Prof. Rashmi Yadav has Published Paper in SCI Indexed journal Springerplus DOI 10.1186/s40064-016-3732-x on Topis "Critical Evalution of Reverse Engineering Tool Imagix 4D!" in Dec 2016.
- Prof.Sumit S Jain Publish has Published Paper on “Enhancing Search engine Query relevance using Source and Target schema Semantic Similarity”INDIACom March’2017.
- Prof.Prashant Lakkadwala has published Research Paper on “Security Based Issues in view of Cloud Storage” in Journal for Research,Volume 3,Issue 1 ,dated April 2017.
- Dr.Abhishek S Rathore has Published Research Paper on “Personality Trait Identification for Written Texts Using MLKNN & MLNB”, LNCS-Springer (Accepted), 2017.
- Prof.Ankit Upadhyay has published Research Paper on “Security Based Issues in view of Cloud Storage” in Journal for Research,Volume 3,Issue 1 ,dated April 2017.
- Prof. Rashmi Yadav Delivered the Lecture under CSI expert series on Transformation Techniques in Computer graphic at SIRT Indore.
- Prof. Rashmi Yadav has started Virtual Labs (A Remote Experimental Platform for Engineering) in association with IIT,Delhi under agies National Mission on Education through ICT MHRD, Govt. of India .
- Khushboo Khathuria CS-B 2nd Years got Vice Chancellor Scholarship 2015 from RGPV Bhopal. She got 277 marks out of 350 and received Certificate with cheque of Rs.20,000/- at the hand of governor and Mr. Piyush Trivedi Vice chancellor RGPV.
- Piyush Patel from CS-B 4th Years is winner & Qualify the National Round of “StockMIND Season 4” (ICICI direct Center for Financial Learning’s ).
- Huzefa Raja & Gourav Sahu secured Ist position in “Bug Fixer competition” held at CDGI, Indore on dated October 2016 and got Cash Prize of Rs. 3000.
- Huzefa Raja from CS-B 4th Years qualified GATE 2016 and scored 564 as Gate Score.
- Jayesh Natahni from CS-B 4th Years has GRE Score 318.
- Sejal Satpute & Shreya Tiwari selected for RGPV Nodal Badminton and won 1st Place in Inter college Badminton competition girls.
- Prayag Sharma selected for RGPV national Table Tennis as Captain.
- Prayag Sharma form CS-B 4th Years won the Table Tennis at state level and go for national level.
- Grusha Chouhan and Anuradha Deolase CSE IV Years has published Research Paper on “Security Based Issues in view of Cloud Storage” in Journal for Research,Volume 3,Issue 1 ,dated April 2017.
Associate Professor & Head
Sr. Assistant Professor
Mr. Dheeraj Parmar
9 Years Experience
Mr. Balwant sharma
5 Years Experience
Mr. Roshan Solanky
Diploma, BE Pur.
3 Years Experience
Mr. Sunil Singh Panwar
13 Years Experience
Mr. Dinesh Narware
9 Years Experience