To be a centre of excellence by producing technically civil engineers who could face dynamic challenges confronting society.
- To produce technically competent and globally employable civil engineers by providing excellent education and field exposure
- To develop industry-academia relationship by providing consultancy services.
- To meet the challenges confronting society by undertaking research and continuing education programmes for academic and field community.
- To organise co-curricular and extracurricular activities for overall personality development of civil engineering graduates.
- Civil Engineering Department if associated with ICI under which various competition and events are organized.
- Civil Engineering department also linked with the NPTEL local chapter providing lectures and various online courses for the students as well as faculties
The Civil Engineering Department has numerous labs for giving practical training in all relevant subjects to the undergraduate students. These laboratories are equipped with state of the art lab equipments and in addition have facility for testing of samples from various Govt. department and industry. Following Laboratories are providing practical training and their details are given as under:-
- Strength of Material Lab :-This lab has following important equipments -: Computerized Universal testing machine, Fatigue Testing Machine, Noble pendulum, Impact Testing machine, Torsion Testing machine electrically for roads, Rockwell hardness m/c, Noble Brinell hardness
- CMT Lab :- This lab has following important equipments :- Vibrating table top single phase , Compaction factor apparatus, Lechatelier Mould, Vicat’s apparatus, Compression testing machine Electrically operated single , Flexure Testing machine , Aggregate Impact Test Apparatus and various auxiliary apparatus for smooth conduct of experiments.
- Basic Civil Engg. Lab :- This lab has following important equipments :-Cross staff with pole and metric chain, Gunter Chain, Prismatic Compass, Surveyor compass , Plane table with accessories, Dumpy level, Theodolite, Planimeter , Slump cone.
- Transportation Lab :- This lab has following important equipments :-
Mineral specimen, Rock specimen, Hardness collection set of minerals, Luster cleavage, California Bearing Ratio (CBR) machine,Aggregate Impact Tester, Flash and Fire point Apparatus, Bitumen Extractor, Sieve Shaker, Marshal Stability Testing Machine, Aggregate Crushing Value Apparatus, Ductility Testing Machine, Pycnometer, Ring and Ball Apparatus, Speedy Moisture Meter
- Irrigation Pond at Backside of ATC, Indore for 4th year students.
- A Educational tour of 5 days Indore-Mumbai-Pune was organized visiting various tunnels, bridges and highways from 01-10-2018 to 06-10-2018.
- A Education and recreational tour of 10 days is organized in which students visited Bhakra Nanga Dam,(H.P) Attari Wagha Border, Manali, Solang Valley and Amritsar of civil engineering students of 2nd, 3rd and 4th year from 25-02-2019 to 05-03-19.
- Civil department organized an event Civil mania in which different competitions held at institute level on 3rd april 2018
- National Seminar was conducted by Civil Engineering department on 01 may 2015 on Advancement in Future concrete in which around 200 students and 50 faculty members attended the seminar given by :
Prof. Bhishwajit Bhattacharjee from IIT Delhi address as a key speaker and Dr. S. V Deodhar Ex Principal College of Engineering, Dhule address as secondary speaker.
Department of civil engineering have organized an event for civil engineering students in 2014. The inter college competition have great success.
After marking the success of the first event in the diaries, Civil Engineering Department of ATC organized the same event for the second time on 16 Oct 2016. A number of students showing their talent from various colleges participated.
For the 3rd time after the success of the last two years this year also the event was organized on a big scale and with a great success.
- The Annual Technical Fest at IIT KANPUR was organized from 3-6 March 2016.The Civil Department at IIT had organized an event for BRIDGE DESIGN WORKSHOP.
From Acropolis Technical Campus, Shivesh Chaturvedi participated in the event and got excellence certificates.
- The Annual Technical Fest at IIT ROORKEE was organized from 18-20 March 2016. The Civil Department at IIT had organized an event for BRIDGE MAKING COMPETETION. Nihal Akhote participated in the event and secured second position. The winning team got cash prize of Rs.6000/- and the excellence certificates.
- The students of CED participated in EASEL competition organized at IIT Guwahati on Sept 4, 2016 and bagged first prize in Bridge competition.
From 2nd year Yatharth Tawar, Rishab Sharma, Achal Pathak have secured 1st prize and a cheque of Rs.12,000/-.
Sagar Jain and Piyush Rasela also participated in the same event.
- IGS seminar (Indian Geo technical Society)
Priyanshu Vani of 4th year, Sunil Kumawat, Aakash Rathore of 3rd year and Meet Thakkar of 2nd year have attended seminar of IGS held on 22nd Oct 2016 at AITR.
- Harsh Upadhyay got silver medal in KARATE at SCKFI 14th level Karate Championship.
- Golu Panwar, Lokesh Panwar and Mayur Jaiswal participated in IIT Guwahati TECHNEECH EASEL competition on Sept 4, 2016 and secure IInd position in bridge making competition.
- Students of 3rd year participated in Annual TechFest at IIT Guwahati from 2-09-14 to 7-09-14 in bridge making competition .
Prince Gupta, Vinay Munot, Rohit Agrawal, Mohit Agrawal secure 1st position along with a cash prize of Rs. 60,000/- and
Priyadrashi Kumar, Nirmal Sharma, Ankit Vyas and Amal Dubey Secure 3rd position in the competition.
- Ankit Vyas, Ankit Patel, Mansoor Chakkiwala, Anjilina John, kumar Ashish , Balram Dhakkat, Divya Jain student of 3rd and Amit Zarola, student of 4th year attended the grand finale of COCubes conducted by Ultratech and also the Expert Lecture By Dr. M.S Shetty on 23-03-15 at Ravindra Naty Grah Indore.
- Shagun Soni, Udit Bhope Rishab Soni Students of 2nd year participated in Spot Light event in IIT Roorkee from 27-03-2015 to 29-03-2015 and secure 7th position under the guidance of Prof. Aarti Tiwari and also Kokil Gupta, Diksha Yadav , Prakhar kanungo and Kratika Vishwakarma attended workshop over Foundation Analysis over there.
- The Cube casting was done on 13-02-2015 and the testing of those cubes was conducted on 19-02-2015. In this competition the student had casted the cube by using low cost material Fly ash which had made their casting economical
The List of winners is as follow
1st Mr. Harsh Upadhyay and Mr. Amal Dubey
2nd Mr. Vinay Munot and Mr. Mohit Agrawal
3rd Mr. Ranveer Singh Sherawat and Mr. Prince Gupta
- Participated in NIT-WARANGAL and got 3rd prize in “extreme engg.” Namely - PRERAK CHOUKADE, SUMIT KUSHWAH, SRASTI GUPTA
Attended national seminar on “CONSTRUCTION AND PLANNING MANAGEMENT” in event “SRUJAN – 2013” in IPS Academy. Namely – Shrasti Gupta, Sumit Kushwah, Prerak Choukade, Sunny Kushwah, Prateeksha Attarde, Amit Zarola.
- Participated in “LAST STRAW” and “MODEL MAKING”compitition in event “SRUJAN – 2013” in IPS Academy. Namely – Shrasti Gupta, Sumit Kushwah, Prerak Choukade, Sunny Kushwah, Prateeksha Attarde.
- . Final year students namely Sumit Kushwah, Prerak Choukade, Shrasti Gupta attended workshop on “AUTO-CAD and PRO-E” conducted at “IIT BOMBAY” by “aakar 2013”.
- Participated in “BRIDGE IT” event conducted at “IIT BOMBAY” by “aakar 2013”, namely - Sumit Kushwah, Prerak Choukade, Srasti Gupta, Prateeksha Attarde, Amit Zarola, Sunny Kushwah.
- Participated in “AXIS’11” at VNIT NAGPUR and secured 1st position in “CRIPEDO” by Srasti Gupta, Bilal Rashid, Rohit Verma.
- Gourav Sharma, Prabal Godha, Praveen Patidar, Rounak Jain, Sidharth Bhadoria participated in spot light concrete boat floating and loading event at IIT Roorkey on 22 mar 13 and secure IIIrd position .
- Prof. Vishal Porwal published research paper manuscript title “Studies on Tyre Aggregate Concrete with Fly Ash” on 08-08-2016 under International Journal of Science and Research (IJSR) Volume V.
- Prof. Avani Mandlik published research paper manuscript name “Behavior of Symmetrical RCC and Steel Framed Structures under Seismic and Wind Loading” Manuscript ID “3IJ07S154” on 15-08-2016 under International Journal of Research and Scientific Innovation (IJRSI) Volume III Issue VIII.